Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Most Improved

Halle Berry in Versace


Let me first say that I HATE Halle Berry. I am loathe to acknowledge her existence, let alone give her an imaginary award. But I’m a teller of truths.  And this dress is good.

Ms Berry constantly wants us to see how bangin she is over 40 (is she over 40? It’s hard to tell with that constant ‘busy mum’ haircut) and strives to show off as much of her body as possible. Take her dress a few weeks ago at the Golden Globes. She’s going for the ‘I just had sex and draped this sheet around me’ look that no one in their right mind would wear on the red carpet. It’s a crime against fashion.

But I LOVE this Versace dress. She no longer looks like a mother who’s so desperate to ‘get in with the young kids’ that she shags her teenage son’s best friend. This is a grown-up’s dress. She shows us some skin, she hides some with the sleeves. Sleeves are so big this year and this is how you do it. As much as it pains me to say – “Well done”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment