Monday, November 29, 2010

An Oxford Classic

There’s nothing like a quirky shoe to brighten up an outfit. I’m not going to go on too much about these. I’ve had a collection of pictures lined up for this post for a while now and haven’t really come up with a sufficiently witty and arousing post to accompany them.

What I will say is that I agonised for some time, looking at these first ones online. I loved them, but wondered if they were a bit wierd, but more and more I’m seeing oxfords or some variation of them on feets and streets around town.

Laces on a high heel might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but the fashion goes back a long way, and usually something so longstanding is a classic look that can be reinvented throughout the ages without looking dowdy or rehashed.

Some are labelled shooties, the ol shoe-boot mash up, some are a bit more strappy than laced – some even go for an open toe. Mine have fake laces and a quiet zip up the inside, which makes them very practical – and it means you don’t have to worry about your laces coming undone or getting broken, because you want to keeps those babies quite tight.

Quirky colours and patterns and contrasting panelling makes these shoes hot for casual or glam fashion, and the perfect transition from office to out.

Btw, I did buy the coveted shoes and love love love them.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment