Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Attack of the Killer Heels

The latest fashion victim to walk the streets is my feet. Not because they are clad in something hideous, but because of the inevitable pain that came with my new killer heels. To be fair, I haven’t had an opportunity to wear them out yet, but my attempts around the house have been short-lived at best, and I am determined to get the platform walk down before I take them into the public eye.

Stumbling or shuffling in heels is not my style. Watching inexperienced heel-wearers out on Friday and Saturday nights is enough to make me cringe (and sometimes lol). Word to the wise ladies – wear your heels around at home a few times before setting yourself up for embarrassment on the streets.

But I digress…


These platforms I bought are the most beautiful bronze colour and the heels are close to 5 inches high. (Not too bad if you think about the inch of platform raising the ball of the foot as well.) Nevertheless, they are certainly impressive, and I can’t wait to wear them out (if only for a short distance!).

My bf, on the other hand, is not so impressed. He thinks they look like stripper heels. I can see how he came to that conclusion, the untrained male eye might not see the difference between this… (black) and this… (pink). However, I was a little surprised to see the latter online in the same field as the other platforms and I smiled quietly at the way they labelled them “show-girl style” and not just “stripper heels”.

But! We are all about the platforms this season and the look is varying and plentiful, a style for every taste.


I’m loving the peep-toe, like my current obsession, but then I saw some nude pumps in another store (well out of my price range – until next pay day, anyway). I think they were the most beautiful things I have ever seen! I’m sure one of my Barbies had a pair just like them back in the day and I am determined to transport the Barbie shoe on to my own dainty hoof in the coming weeks. Nude is such a hot colour right now, so classy, so elegant and extremely versatile as far as clothing choice goes.





I haven’t quite embraced the gladiator look yet, in sandals or heels. I can see how it works, I like some of the ones I see, but I can’t quite make it to the check out. If they stick around for long enough perhaps I will eventually conform, but ‘til then I’ll stick with my pumps.

Other trends continuing to grace our feet are cork heels, snakeskin leather and some gorgeous bright colours and patents – something for every occasion. Just make sure that when you’re out shopping, you’re going for sexy chic not stripper-chick!

Happy shopping! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment